- Approx Floor Area: 167 sqm
- Land Size: 921 sqm
- Property Type: House
- Roof: Rubber membrane
- Tenure: Freehold
- Approx year built: 1946
- Property condition: Excellent
- House style: Other
- Garaging / carparking: Double lock-up, Tandem, Auto doors (Number of remotes: 2), Free standing
- Construction: Concrete
- Joinery: Aluminium, Double glazing
- Insulation: Ceiling
- Flooring: Carpet and Vinyl
- Window coverings: Drapes, Blinds
- Heating / Cooling: Other (Disel Fire Wetback)
- Electrical: Satellite dish, TV points
- Chattels remaining: Blinds, Drapes, Fixed Floor Coverings, Light Fittings, Stove, Diesel Fire (Wet Back), Dishwasher, Bathroom Heater, Laundry Tub & Taps, Clothesline, Auto Garage Door + 2 Remotes.
- Kitchen: Separate, Upright stove and Finished in Laminate
- Living area: Separate living
- Main bedroom: Double and Balcony / deck
- Bedroom 2: Double and Built-in / wardrobe
- Bedroom 3: Double and Built-in / wardrobe
- Additional rooms: Conservatory / sunroom, Other (Living space in bedroom)
- Main bathroom: Separate shower, Heater
- Laundry: Separate
- Workshop: Combined
- Views: Water
- Aspect: North
- Outdoor living: Clothes line, Garden, Deck / patio
- Fencing: Partial
- Land contour: Flat to sloping
- Grounds: Tidy
- Water heating: Electric
- Water supply: Town supply
- Sewerage: Mains
- Locality: Close to schools, Close to transport, Close to shops
- Fixtures/chattels excluded: Excluded Work bench & Cupboard
About this listing
It's not difficult to imagine an idyllic lifestyle in this unique home that reflects the style of its era. Open living spaces flow seamlessly to the sunroom and north-facing deck, making the most of the stunning views of the coastline and providing an ideal spot for family meals or entertaining. Two double bedrooms with built-in robes, a spacious family bathroom, kitchen and separate laundry complete the ground floor.
On the upper level, the generous master bedroom has a separate toilet plus room for a sitting area, and this space affords itself beautifully to creating a luxurious master suite complete with unobstructed views and a door onto the roof deck.
Solidly constructed in concrete in 1946 the property retains many of its original features and comes to the market in excellent condition with earthquake repairs completed, while presenting endless possibilities to add value.
Storage is catered for by the standalone four-car garaging with automatic door, and in the winter, the home is kept cosy by the diesel fire with wetback for water heating and new double-glazed aluminium.
Conveniently situated near the Mt Pleasant Community Centre with Saturday's farmers market and McCormack's Bay Reserve and the up and coming Ferrymead precinct with many eateries. The location is also within an easy commute of the city, Port and local beaches.
Buyers who recognise the importance of potential and location will jump at the chance to make this unique property their own. Contact Alison now to arrange a viewing.
To view the Property File, please copy and paste the link below into your web address bar:
Please be aware that this information may have been sourced from RPNZ/LLUR/REINZ/Property Guru/Land Information New Zealand/Christchurch City Council/CERA and we have not been able to verify the accuracy of the same.